Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 1 hr 20 mins
Total Time 1 hr 50 mins
- 2 lemons
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp lemon extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 stick canna butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp canna butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Use a microplane or box grater to zest two lemons. set aside
- Use the wrapper from the unsalted butter to coat the entire pan or use spray oil.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of flour around the pan and evenly tap until it's completely covered to prevent sticking. Set aside
- In a large bowl sift three cups of flour a 1/4 teaspoon of salt and a 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and a medium sized bowl. Set aside
- In a large bowl add 1 stick of unsalted butter and 1 stick of canna butter. Use a hand or stand mixer to combine the butter. Mix the butter until just combined.
- Gradually add three cups of sugar adding about a quarter cup each time until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and use the mixer to combine.
- Use sifter to gradually sift in the dry ingredients alternating with the heavy cream. Mix until just combined.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 4 tsp lemon extract and 2 tbsp of lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and use a spatula to lightly even it out on the top.
- Place in the center of the oven and cook for 80 minutes
- Juice the two lemons used to zest in the beginning
- Add a 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of the fresh lemon juice to a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Take cake out of oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake upside down on a wire rack that covers a cookie sheet.
- Gently brush the glaze on the cake using an up and down motion on each side of the cake use the leftover glaze for the center or bottom portion of the cake.
- Let the cake completely cook before adding the cream cheese icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
- In a small bowl add one cup of powdered sugar, 4 ounces of softened cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of canna butter and mix for a few seconds then add 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and stir until smooth.
- Make sure the cake is completely cooled before pouring the glaze on top. Enjoy!